Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  OutlookFUSE (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Compatibility with Office Inside ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Dave Beggs on 29 November 2007 at 8:44pm
View Dave Beggs's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Dave Beggs Search   Quote Dave Beggs Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Dave Beggs
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
28 November 2007
12 Posts

Hi Steve

I am using Capesoft's Office Inside to do some importing from Excel in the same app as I'd like to use Outlook Fuse.

I have a problem in that if I add the Office Inside global extension, then the app GPFs, and if I remove it it works ok.  This is true on the excmple app too.

Here is an extract form the EnumAppointmentItems procedure showing the point of the GPF in orange ...

hr = Items.GetFirst(pvObject)
  if hr = S_OK_PW
    loop
      hr = E_FAIL_PW
      if pvObject
        IUnk &= (pvObject)
        hr = IUnk.QueryInterface(address(IID__AppointmentItem), pvObject)
        IUnk.Release()
      else
        hr = S_OK_PW
        break
      end
      if hr = S_OK_PW
        hr = Appointment.Attach(pvObject)
        if hr = S_OK_PW
          AppointmentProc(Appointment)
          Appointment.Release()                      
          Appointment.Destruct()
          hr = Items.GetNext(pvObject)
          if hr ~= S_OK_PW
            break.
        end
      end
    end
  end
  return hr

Do you think this might be resolvable ?

If not, I'll move the excel importing stuff to another exe file.  I always like an easy way out though <g>!

Thanks,

Dave

Message posted by Dave Beggs on 29 November 2007 at 9:59pm
View Dave Beggs's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Dave Beggs Search   Quote Dave Beggs Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Dave Beggs
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
28 November 2007
12 Posts

I've just discovered that you can't use Gary Jame's j-Flow global extension with Outlook Fuse either !

It also uses the pwutil.dll

I wonder if the two templates are duplicating something they shouldn't ?

Cheers

Dave

Message posted by Dave Beggs on 01 December 2007 at 3:25pm
Dave Beggs
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
28 November 2007
12 Posts

I keep replying to myself ...

Further information:

If you compile in local mode,

Adding OutlookFuse and Office Inside or Outlook Fuse and JFlow to the global extensions causes a gpf at the spot mentioned above (whether they are actually used in the app or not).

If you compile in Standalone mode it works.

I worked this out by stripping back the jflow template to its bare bones to see what I had to remove to make the gpf go away.  The GPF happens when the line #Project('C60JFXL.Lib') is executed in the template.  I suspect it's something similar with Office Inside.

Not sure if anything can be done, but it might be worth docmenting in an FAQ somewhere ...

Cheers

Dave Beggs

Message posted by steve_johnson on 01 December 2007 at 3:55pm
View steve_johnson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steve_johnson Search   Visit steve_johnson's Homepage www   Quote steve_johnson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steve_johnson
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
13 April 2002
274 Posts

Hi Dave -

That problem does sound strange - my initial impression was that it had to do with mixing calls to the COMIniter object between the products (i.e. one product initializes COM for the thread it is executing on, performs its operations and then kills COM for the thread while OutlookFUSE expects it to still be active).

The fact that it has to do with a specific LIB is strange - this is one of the reasons we ship source code with our products so workarounds can be achieved.

Are you able to proceed with what you have worked out?

-------------
Steve Johnson
ThinkData Inc.
http://www.thinkdata.com

Message posted by Dave Beggs on 02 December 2007 at 2:58pm
Dave Beggs
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
28 November 2007
12 Posts

Hi Steve

Yep - I can continue on, just have to compile in stand alone mode.  That might not be a bad thing anyway ...

Cheers

Dave

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by the forum administrator.