Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  OutlookFUSE (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Has an appointment been deleted ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Dave Beggs on 03 December 2007 at 10:10pm
View Dave Beggs's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Dave Beggs Search   Quote Dave Beggs Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Dave Beggs
Standard Member
Standard Member
Australia
28 November 2007
12 Posts

Hi Steve

Is there a way to tell if an appointment has been deleted in Office 2007 ?

When you delete an appointment from within Outlook, it gets moved to the deleted items folder.

If you try to find it with     

hr = Namespace.GetItemFromID(BstrEntryID.GetStr(), vtStoreID, pvObject)

The appointment is found when it is in the deleted folder.  This seems to happen even if you find the default calendar folder and supply both the EntryID and the StoreID.

Is there a property or method somewhere I can find which tells the folder the item is in ?

I'm trying to avoid enumerating all the appointments into a queue or file as this takes quite a while.

An alternative would be if you know how to enumerate only future appointments via some sort of filter ?

cheers

Dave Beggs

Message posted by dsbeggs on 31 March 2008 at 4:03pm
View dsbeggs's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by dsbeggs Search   Quote dsbeggs Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
dsbeggs
Standard Member
Standard Member

31 March 2008
1 Posts

Hi Steve

Don't suppose there has been anything new here ?

I have to enumerate all the calendar items in a folder into a queue then check a stored one against the queue to see if it has been deleted...

There must be an easier way ?

Cheers

Dave Beggs

Message posted by steve_johnson on 02 April 2008 at 1:55am
View steve_johnson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by steve_johnson Search   Visit steve_johnson's Homepage www   Quote steve_johnson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
steve_johnson
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
13 April 2002
274 Posts

Hi Dave -

You might be able to use the get_Parent method to get the parent folder for the AppointmentItem and then see if that is the deleted items folder by checking it to see if it is the olFolderDeletedItems folder.

Let me know how that works out for you - thanks

-------------
Steve Johnson
ThinkData Inc.
http://www.thinkdata.com

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by the forum administrator.